|Home ice||BI-LO Center|
|Based in||Greenville, South Carolina|
|Colors||Black, gold, purple, silver|
|Head coach||John Marks|
The Grrrowl's initial season was 1998–99, with former Chicago Blackhawks defensive star John Marks as their coach. He remained their only coach from 1998 to 2006. They were an affiliate of the AHL Norfolk Admirals, and an affiliate of the NHL Chicago Blackhawks and the Edmonton Oilers.
The team announced that it was folding on June 2, 2006, after running a US$1,000,000 deficit during 2005 that left the team unable to attract new investors. They began losing money after attendance slid from 7,000 per game in their first season to just 2,100 in 2004-05. On June 15, the BI-LO Center announced they were willing to pay $350,000 to keep the team afloat, hoping to entice developers to save the team. Despite the offer, the Grrrowl ceased operations on July 10, 2006 when the team failed to find new sources of financing. According to Grrrowl president Ed Rubinstein, the team only plans to refund "some percentage" of money already paid by season ticket holders.
- 1998–99: Did not qualify.
- 1999–00: Defeated Mobile 3-2 in first round; defeated Augusta 3-1 in quarterfinals; lost to Louisiana 4-2 in semifinals.
- 2000–01: Did not qualify.
- 2001–02: Defeated Florida 3-2 in first round; defeated Pee Dee 3-1 in quarterfinals; defeated Mississippi 3-1 in semifinals; defeated Dayton 4-0 to win championship.
- 2002–03: Defeated Florida 1-0 in first round; lost to Columbia 3-0 in second round.
- 2003–04: Did not qualify.
- 2004–05: Defeated Pensacola 3-1 in first round; lost to Florida 3-0 in quarterfinals.
- 2005–06: Defeated Augusta 2-0 in first round; lost to Florida 3-1 in second round.
- 36 – Nick Vitucci retired in 2004. Nick played in 14 ECHL seasons, his last three with the Greenville Grrrowl. He later became the head coach for the Toledo Walleye.
- Dykes, Davis (July 12, 2006). "Grrrowl fold; arena expected to lose money without team". The Greenville News. Retrieved September 3, 2006.[dead link]
- "Greenville Grrrowl Hockey: John Marks". Greenville Grrrowl. Archived from the original on March 10, 2007. Retrieved March 10, 2007.
- "Hawks, Admirals Announce Affiliation w/ Toledo". Chicago Blackhawks. August 14, 2006. Archived from the original on August 20, 2006. Retrieved August 20, 2006.
- Szobody, Ben; Dykes, Davis (May 23, 2006). "Grrrowl not paying some bills, president says". The Greenville News. Retrieved September 3, 2006.[dead link]
- Szobody, Ben (June 15, 2006). "Bi-Lo Center may pitch in for Grrrowl". The Greenville News. Retrieved September 3, 2006.[dead link]
- "Toledo Walleye - Coaching Staff". Toledo Walleye. Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved July 17, 2011.